Ruckus Rock

Siberian Husky
November 13, 1996 - May 24, 2010
Rock was a good and faithful friend. He lived a wonderful and happy life, and was greatly loved. Rock was extremely intelligent and very athletic. He was happiest when trotting down a trail, and would go tirelessly for hours, always eager to see what was around the next bend.



December 26, 2009


Rock always had an opinion, and would gladly tell you
December 30, 2008


Doing what he does best, March 23, 2007

Rock has a very flexible tongue

October 8, 2005
October 8, 2005

Hiking, October 8, 2005

Protecting his Christmas presents, December 25, 2006

Rock overlooking Cottonwood Pass, August 6, 2005

In 2005, Rock became very ill from unintentional neglect and badly infected teeth. His current owners were going to put him down, and called us so that we could come say good-bye. We offered to take him, do the needed surgeries and let him be happy for a few more months. He was happy for four and a half more years.

Rock & RJ, March 28, 1998

Rock & RJ, September 17, 1997

Rock (working as a Service Dog) with Nik at the top of the Seattle Space Needle, August 12, 1997
He liked the view!

Rock was not intended to be a Service Dog, but RJ went through the training program with him just for practice. When my intended dog suddenly dropped from the program due to health issues, Rock passed the tests with flying colors and immediately went to work as my constant companion. He spent months by my side, providing much-needed physical stablility and support to help me walk, pulling my bike everywhere I needed to go, and alerting me to sounds. We even went to Seattle, where he pulled my bike on the ferries and through the crowded downtown streets, and went to the top of the Space Needle. Rock took his job very seriously, and the stress got to him after several months of constant vigilance. He had to be retired from Service Dog work, and went to live with friends for several years.




RJ & Nik Rapelje

All rights reserved.